CANDLE CARE INSTRUCTIONS
To optimise the burn time & get the best scent diffusion from your SECRET BOTANICS 100% soy wax vegan candle, we recommend the following care guidelines:
● BURN TIME- your 220gsm SECRET BOTANICS 100% soy wax vegan candle should have an approx. burn time of more than 40hrs. However, it is important to stop burning when you have burned down to a level of 10mm- this will stop excessive smoking or smouldering.
● AVOID DRAFTS- they will cause a candle to smoke and burn unevenly and dissipate faster. Place your candle away from open windows and doors
● CANDLE MEMORY- the first burn of any candle must allow the even melted wax pool to reach the edge of the glass vessel -this may take up to 4 hrs initially. It will set the ‘candle memory’ or burn pattern for the candle's lifetime and then your candle will continue to burn evenly all the way down. If you do not allow the first burn melt to reach the edge, then the candle will burn in a ‘tunnel pattern’ and all the wax around the edge of the container will be wasted/unburned, so producing less scent too!
● WICK CARE- trim your candle wick before lighting to approx. 5mm length. This gives a smaller flame closer to the wax surface to help diffuse more scent. It will also prevent smoking. Also, make sure the wick is always centred in the wax to ensure a uniform burn. Also please remove any bits of blackened matchhead or cut wick from the surface of the candle as this debris can cause sudden flaring.
● TO EXTINGUISH- always use a ‘snuffer’ to extinguish the flame to prevent excess smoking. Blowing out your candle is not recommended as the molten wax can splatter and the wick will continue to smoulder and produce smoke, or even spark. If you don’t have a snuffer you can use a spoon for this
● STORAGE- Store your candles in a cool dry place as they are sensitive to high temperatures & sunlight, which can damage the wax structure & also spoil the overall performance of the candle
● RECYCLING- All our glass jars are recyclable or you can reuse/repurpose the glass jar. All our box packaging is also fully recyclable.
● SAFETY WARNINGS- Please remember that a lit candle is a fire risk if placed near upholstery, curtains, blinds, bedding or clothing. Don’t move a candle while it’s burning. Leave at least 10cm between a lit candle and tealights. Never leave a burning candle unattended- always put candles out before leaving the room or going to bed. Keep candles, matches & lighters away from pets & children in case of accidental burns or fire risk. Check that you have working smoke alarms in your home as a precaution where possible.